Did you know that Viruses can survive for long periods on hard surfaces like steel, plastic, and timber?
Many infections with the Coronavirus don’t just happen from a cough or sneeze droplets breathed in but may happen from touching surfaces where such droplets have landed. This sneaky Coronavirus is known to survive on steel surfaces not just for a few hours but for several days! Similar “survival” rates are true for plastic and glass surfaces.
So, knowing that, what additional precautions can we take?
Let’s take shopping for example! No guarantees are given that food items you have purchased are free from viral contamination. Take care when bringing your goods home! This can be a very simple process:
- Before taking your goods in from the car, clear a space in your kitchen, i.e. worktop, and thoroughly clean and sterilize the worktop. ProNature Surface Cleanser and Surface Sanitizer come in very handy here!
- Bring your shopping bags inside and place only on one half of the worktop, let’s call it the “contaminated” side.
- Before continuing first wash and sanitize your hands with ProNature Hand Cleanser and Hand Sanitizer!
- Take out one item from the shopping bag and spray with ProNature Surface Sanitizer or wipe down the item with a paper towel soaked in ProNature Surface Sanitizer and place on the “non-contaminated” side of the worktop.
- Do this with all items in your shopping bag always assuring that your hands remain sanitized.
- Items like prepacked fresh vegetables or bread can be emptied carefully into pre-sterilized containers and then placed in the “non-contaminated” side of the worktop.
- Once you have finished with all items don’t forget to sterilize your reusable shopping bags and the “contaminated” half of the worktop with a product like ProNature Surface Sanitizer by simply spraying directly on or over the area.
Whilst we do not maintain that this will eliminate all chances of contamination with goods bought from the supermarket, it will certainly minimize the chances of indirect contamination.
So, let’s play it safe and keep safe as best we can, ProNature products are certainly there to assist wherever they can.
Here is a video showing you the whole process above: